What is an E-Tran Board?
An E-tran board is a special communication system which enables people to select letters with their eyes. (E-tran stands for "Eye Transfer".)
This particular E-Tran is based on a design by Amy Roman, SLP-CCC. It is designed to be simpler, easier to learn and more efficient than conventional E-tran boards.
To see videos of people using E-tran communication boards, select 'Product Videos' tab (above). Video courtesy of Amy Roman.
Who Is the E-Tran For?
The E-Tran board is for individuals with:
- Very limited movement
- The ability to spell
- Intentional (volitional) eye movements.
How Does It Work?
For an explanation of how the E-Tran board works, please see video (on "Product Videos" tab)
The E-Tran Board can be used in two different ways:
- DIRECT METHOD
Letters are selected using one to two eye movements. (Fastest and most efficient way.)
Simpler and easier, but a little slower than the direct method
- Alphabetical layout makes it easier to learn than a conventional E-tran board.
- High frequency letters (A, E, I, O, T) are selected with a single glance. (All other letters are selected with 2 glances.)
- Star symbol allows for encoded language.
(For example, "Star B" could be set to mean "I need to go to the bathroom".)
- E-tran board can also be used for scanning.
General Product Features
- Printed on durable, abrasion resistant acrylic
- Allows for face-to-face communication
- Lightweight (approx. 1 pound)
- 14 x 18 inches
- Letters are printed on an opaque white background (making it easier to read against a patterned background)
- Rounded handles for easy holding
- E-Tran Board
- Comprehensive instruction booklet
- Brillianize Plastic Cleaner
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
Note: Discount for Add-ons (Board Holder and Scanning Board) only available when ordering through the online store.
Limit of one reduced price add-on (Board Holder and/or Scanning Board per order).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
We are creating speech tool kits for the Care Services Team at the ALS Assoc Greater Chicago Chapter. This product will make a great addition to our kit. Margaret was extremely knowledgeable about her products and had excellent recommendations based on our needs.