What is an E-Tran Board?
An E-tran board is a special communication system which enables people to select letters with their eyes. (E-tran stands for "Eye Transfer".)
This particular E-Tran is based on a design by Amy Roman, SLP-CCC. It is designed to be simpler, easier to learn and more efficient than conventional E-tran boards.
To see videos of people using E-tran communication boards, select 'Product Videos' tab (above). Video courtesy of Amy Roman.
Who Is the E-Tran For?
The E-Tran board is for individuals with:
- Very limited movement
- The ability to spell
- Intentional (volitional) eye movements.
How Does It Work?
For an explanation of how the E-Tran board works, please see video (on "Product Videos" tab)
The E-Tran Board can be used in two different ways:
- DIRECT METHOD
Letters are selected using one to two eye movements. (Fastest and most efficient way.)
Simpler and easier, but a little slower than the direct method
- Alphabetical layout makes it easier to learn than a conventional E-tran board.
- High frequency letters (A, E, I, O, T) are selected with a single glance. (All other letters are selected with 2 glances.)
- Star symbol allows for encoded language.
(For example, "Star B" could be set to mean "I need to go to the bathroom".)
- E-tran board can also be used for scanning.
General Product Features
- Printed on durable, abrasion resistant acrylic
- Allows for face-to-face communication
- Lightweight (approx. 1 pound)
- 14 x 18 inches
- Letters are printed on an opaque white background (making it easier to read against a patterned background)
- Rounded handles for easy holding
- E-Tran Board
- Comprehensive instruction booklet
- Brillianize Plastic Cleaner
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
Note: Discount for Add-ons (Board Holder and Scanning Board) only available when ordering through the online store.
Limit of one reduced price add-on (Board Holder and/or Scanning Board per order).